Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Day In The Life: Only In NY

My favorite season is Summer in NY (yes...specifically NY). While the heat from the subway station may be a killer- nothing trumps the chill atmosphere of summer nights with your friends.





7pm: Brooklyn/PowerHouse Arena - Highwater Music. Chopped it up with some of the usual suspects. Ran into Konate of Slam Magazine. . . and got to see amazing photgraphy while doing it all!





9:30: Dinner with the man-tourage. T+S+M and myself. FYI--Watching men try to pick girls up in a BBQ spot is hilarious, but then hearing about how they strategize it is even better...


Guys are funny...and ps: they wil eternally wonder why girls go to the bathroom together. I had to drop some knowledge today & spill some secrets (sorry ladies!)





11:30: Santos Party House


I was supposed to meet my new co-workers, but got a big fat DENIAL at the door when I tried to get in. Thats what happens in NY when you leave a list with a woman in a bad mood! Ironically my man-tourage had been planning on going to a party at the same spot (on a different floor) and actually knew the doorman there.





11:45: We roll into the upstairs of Santos Party House where Q-Tip & Rich Medina were spinning (I am SO NOT mad this was my fate for the evening). The music was ON POINT & Q-Tip kept asking everyone to Salute Nas who was in the house. 40 songs & tons of sweat later....my body was begging me to leave, but the music kept forcing me to stay & dance.



some dance highlights included: Lord Sear breaking it down & The Retro Kidz doing their usual bobby brown routine









3:00: I realize that I'm dying of dehydration & I need to leave. T&I grab some of our fave beverages and make the most of a beautiful evening & perfect weather- so we take a long walk to the park (and our trains).





4:00: Finally head home.





good music. good company. and a hell of a good time! The weekend has JUST started & saturday and Sunday will be even more musically packed.



More info on these weekends concerts & shows later. xo

No comments: